Monday, January 24, 2011

First Market = success!

This past weekend was my very first market for Intoxicating Confections, and I must say it was a smashing success! A big thanks goes out to OpenHouse Gallery - the gracious hosts of Park Here - for hooking me up with a table for the weekend. I was pretty nervous and had absolutely no idea what to expect or how many cupcakes to bake. People seemed to really love the concept and it made me feel more comfortable knowing that I have something that sets myself apart from the increasingly large amount of other cupcake shops out there.

Here's a pic of my table from the weekend - if you're reading this and took some photos, please send them over so I can add it to my album!

I'd have to say the biggest seller was the Champagne cupcake. Mainly because they taste awesome, but they also look so pretty and cute and pink and stuff. These 'shots' were also a big hit with the kiddies at the park, though I must say I was a bit uncomfortable selling margarita cupcakes to 5 year olds. My cupcakes are non-alcoholic (for now) so it was fine, and none of the kids could read yet - they just saw cute little cupcakes to eat - so Champagne turned into "Pink", Rum-and-colas turned into "Chocolate", etc. 

In any case, I'm pretty pleased with the turnout. Despite the freezing temperatures this weekend, people actually came out to support me, and for that I'm uber grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment