Monday, January 10, 2011

Greetings!

Hey there!

You are reading the first blog entry of Intoxicating Confections, a new local wholesale dessert company in New York City, specializing in cocktail-flavored cupcakes. If you can order it at a bar, I can make it into a cupcake! (Though I'm still working on the jaegar-bomb cupcake. That may or may not work out so well...) Right now it's just me, Jenn, your loyal baker, churning out these delicious confections to satisfy your sweet tooth.

I'm not a huge fan of blogs and/or blogging, and I had intended to just have a simple website with my cupcakes up for people to see, figuring that would be enough. However, it seems that the powers that be are telling me if I want to bake out of my home, say buhbye to the website. But how else will people know about my cupcakes??

So here we are... welcome to Intoxicating Confections, the Blog.


People are always asking me where I came up with this idea to make cocktail-flavored cupcakes, and I haven't quite found a witty and charming story to tell, so I'll just lay out the main points and you can come up with a fairy-tale that'll make you feel all warm inside:


1. Baking has always been a hobby of mine. I bought my first Kitchenaid when I was in high school and it is the same machine I use today (you don't know how old I am, but the point is that it's a pretty old machine that's still kickin').


2. In college, I started bartending to earn some extra cash. It turned out to earn me a whole lotta cash, so even when I started working in the 'real world' I kept bartending as a side job.

3. I still exist in the 'real' world (I work in publishing; that's all the info you'll get on that!). But I have some kind of career-ADD, so I decided to start this small business to keep my passions alive: booze and cakes! (Hence my Twitter name: @BoozyCakes. Go ahead and follow me...)


Look, I'm not here to compete with the other (seemingly thousands of) cupcake companies popping up all over the place... I'm just here to have fun and bake some de-frickin-licious cupcakes for you New Yorkers.

I don't have a store-front, so it'll be hard for you to pop in and say hello, but I will be selling my goods at various markets around the city.  More on that later...

I haven't figured out a good closing tagline, so I'll just end this with - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment